Silk Filled Pillows and Comforters:
- Perle Silk does not recommend wet cleaning for silk-filled products due to the risk of introducing impurities and clumps. Ask your local dry clean company who had experience wash the silk filled products.
- Products like silk-filled pillows and throws come with washable removable covers.
- For spot cleaning, use a mixture of white vinegar, water and silk detergent to remove stains. If you don't have silk detergent, simply use hair shampoo or bath gel as a alternative.
- Airing the products in the sun for an hour or two once or twice a year helps evaporate residual moisture and maintain fluffiness.
- Tumble dry on low temperature setting in the dryer to refresh it.
- Charmeuse silk, especially with higher momme counts (e.g., 22 momme), is machine washable and durable. Dry clean is recommended to retain the luster of the fabric longer.
- Use a cool water setting and the gentlest cycle on your washing machine.
- Use silk-friendly detergents like Le Blanc Silk and Lingerie Wash.
- Wash silk items separately from other fabrics.
- For drying, use the lowest heat setting on the shortest duration possible.
- Removing silk from the dryer while slightly damp allows it to dry quickly.
- Dry cleaning is the recommended method for washing silk bedding, ensuring a wrinkle-free and fresh appearance.
These guidelines should help customers take proper care of their silk-filled products and charmeuse silk items.